Monday, March 3, 2014

Evidences of God

Family and Friends,

Greetings from Chile (Paradise).

I thought that this week I would just relate a short story that shows me that God really exists and is a part of our lives.

The daughter of an investigator we are teaching (Lalo's niece) was in the hospital because she was having problems with one of her kidneys. The mom asked us to come give her a blessing yesterday. 

Lalo took us to the clinic and we waited for his sister to show up. Because it was Sunday, the clinic was pretty much empty. In fact there were only three cars in the parking lot. 

As we waited, a familiar car pulled in and parked. It was Laura Aburto and her son. It was kind of a surprise to me that they showed up out of nowhere. Her son was having a problem with his allergies. 

She was a little worried, thinking that I was sick, but we explained to her we were there to give a blessing. Lalo's sister also showed up and Laura mentioned two miraculous instances in which priesthood blessings had healed two of her family members. (One of which I had given a year ago.) She said the doctors were surprised at how miraculously fast they had recuperated. 

Anyway, the point is that right in the moment when I would need a lot of faith to be able to give this priesthood blessing, God sent me someone from the past to us to remind us of the power of priesthood blessings and the miracles she's seen.

I know that God lives and I cannot deny it, and I can't shut up about it. I've seen too many evidences of his existence, some too sacred to share in an email that will be posted on the internet. I also know that Jesus Christ lives and that His atonement truly works in our lives. That is my witness to the world, that I know it without a doubt.

Elder Joseph Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment