Monday, March 17, 2014

Three More Months

I realized that I have three more months in the mission from yesterday. Wow, it seems like it's going by really fast. I guess you could say I'm starting to get a little nervous about going back to the university.... but I'm sure God's going to help me.

This week we had some great experiences. Maybe the best part is that I've been making Mexican food for my Mexican companion. Haha. Yes, I'm the one cooking the food. Haha. I've made tacos several times and guacamole and things like that. 

The other day, I felt prompted to go visit an investigator. We never made it to her house, because we ran into an investigator we'd taught three months ago. In the end I felt like God had sent us that way to find this old man, and that it wasn't really to find the woman I thought we were looking for. 

We went to visit another lady, and her mom came out and said she wouldn't be able to meet with us that day. She couldn't either, because someone was coming to pick her up to take her to a doctor's appointment. As we were talking to her, her mother (our investigator's grandmother), who is 88 years old, came over, and said "If nobody's going to let you in, I will, because your visits do me good." I was really impressed by this 88 year old woman. She said "I can hardly see you, and almost can't hear you, but your visits do me good, because I know you're called of God, and He comes with you."

Anyway, those are just some of the great experiences we had. Have fun.

Elder Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment