Monday, January 27, 2014

A couple of weeks ago we taught a less active member a lesson. We sang two hymns and talked about her baptism and her experiences in the church. I felt prompted to share a scripture about our baptismal covenants and the promise of having the Holy Ghost with us. She cried and said she wanted to come back, because she needs the Spirit. One time her husband almost died of a heart attack, but the Spirit alerted her about what was happening, so she was able to save him. This week we talked to her again, and she said she'd gone to church with her daughter in Santiago, because she wants to move there. She also asked the bishop for an interview, because she wants to come back.

As I studied for an investigator, certain words from a scripture popped into my head. I couldn't find them anywhere. It would've been nice to have had an electronic device to be able to look them up.... I prayed for help to find them, and the next day in an exchange, Elder Osborne opened his scriptures right up to that scripture with those words. Wow. I felt strongly the Spirit as I shared that scripture with the investigator. 

I can't remember if I told you about an alcoholic that we'd been helping out... but the other day I saw him again and he looked completely different. He gave me a huge hug and said he's almost alcohol free and he's going to start working again. 

I hope all is well.

Oh está todo bien.
Elder Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment