Monday, September 30, 2013

The Bike Accident

This week was... a thriller. One of my companions ran into a parked car... We were both in front of him so neither of us saw the accident. But he said he thought the back wheel had a problem, so he was looking back at it, and right when he looked forward again he crashed into the car.

I heard him yell "Elder!," and when we turned around and went back to him he had the bike on the ground and his head down, when he looked up, his face was... a little bloody.... So we called the stake president, a doctor, and a member with a car to come pick him up. The member took him to the doctor, and we took his bike back to the house and hurried to the doctor. 

He had several cuts on his nose and forehead, and cut open his lip right beneath the nose. He was lucky he didn't break his nose or lose his teeth. Unfortunately, the helmet didn't really do him any good... because he kind of face planted it. He just ended up with four stitches. 

I think from now on we're going to wear football helmets.

This past week I finished reading the Book of Mormon again. I asked God to strengthen my testimony. The scripture says that we recieve testimony after the trial of our faith. It was kind of a tough week... and we almost couldn't do anything because my companion had to rest and we couldn't find members to go on splits.

But on Saturday night God answered my prayer by prompting me to share with an investigator how I recieved a testimony of the Book of Mormon. As I shared the experience I felt the spirit testify strongly, and felt my testimony grow. As I reflected on what had happened to me, I knew even more that it is true, and I won't be able to forget it. 

I guess that's about it. 

Elder Garrett 

No comments:

Post a Comment