Monday, October 7, 2013

Conference

This week I have noticed that when the Spirit touches someone's heart, they start to change. I don't know if it's becuase the Spirit changes our heart, or because we change because we want to continue feeling it... but it happens. We have seen great progress this week in investigators as they excercised their faith, as they read the scriptures, prayed, and went to church. One investigator went to four of the five sessions. Even though he didn't understand everything, he kept coming, because he has a desire to know more.

This week I feel like I have come to know my Savior better. I started the week with that desire and a lot of prayer... and during the week and the weekend I felt like I got closer to Him and came to know Him better.

I know that He lives. I understand better what He did personally for me, even though I'll never fully understand it. I have felt His influence in my life, and in the lives of many. I know that He suffered for us to lighten our burdens... He is constantly lightening my burdens. I know that He was resurrected the third day, and I look forward to the day that we are all resurrected. That will be a glorious day. I know that if we follow his teachings and endure to the end, we will be able to enjoy a happiness forever that for now we don't understand. We will see each other again after death. 

Elder Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment