Monday, December 2, 2013

Return to Los Andes

Well today is change day. Right now I find myself in Santiago. I'll be here for the day and then tomorrow I'll be headed back to Los Andes. I will be in Barrio Los Andes, my second sector in that city.... I'll be passing another really hot summer in Los Andes. I am very excited. It looks like I'm going to spend about half of my mission in this zone.... which is fine with me, because I like it a lot more than Santiago. I guess you could say I'm an Andino haha.

I still don't know who my companion will be.... because I will be training a new elder. I will meet him tomorrow. We'll have a meeting with President tomorrow, they'll have their first interview and then we'll find out who our companions are.... and then we go straight to work..... well, after a two hour bus ride to Los Andes, and a detour to San Felipe to pick up my luggage which I left behind. Elder de Castro will also be training but he's staying in Almendral. 

So that will be exciting. And new. 

They told us we were going to receive the changes Saturday night... then Sunday morning... then Sunday after church.... and in the end the assistants called us at about 7:00 last night. Because our zone had forty missionaries, it took us about an hour to receive all the changes and call everyone in the zone. 

Then last night we were up until one o'clock talking over the phone with the office trying to get everything set up for the changes today. We are the most complicated zone because of our size and distance from Santiago. In the end we got everything worked out, but it was all a big headache for us.... we were on the phone almost all morning coordinating everything.... while trying to shower and pack. In the end... I didn't have time to finish packing... so I'll be going back tomorrow to pick up all my stuff and take it to Los Andes. It's kind of a relief that I'm not going to be zone leader anymore.    

In the end we only had about two hours to say goodbyes and take pictures with a couple of people. I'll see if I can send a couple... next week.... 

I guess that's about it. Christmas is around the corner. My last Christmas in the mission. And I'm going to be spending it in Los Andes again.
 
Elder Garrett (Chile)

 
Me and Elder Hart in Los Andes.... 

Lunch with Adela and family

One of the sisters that remembered me from Centenario
that I saw in stake conference... Hermana Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment