Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas is Coming the Goose is Losing Weight

It's so hot right now I couldn't rightfully title my email "Christmas is coming... the goose is getting fat." I think we're all melting a little. It's just as hot as last year, so it doesn't surprise me very much. I'm lucky to spend two summers in the hottest part of Chile, right? Yes, because it's my favorite part of the mission so far... even though it's way too hot.

Yesterday we had a baptism! Eduardo (Lalo) got married to a return missionary about a year ago, and started listening to the missionaries. It was a great experience, and I think the happiest one of all was his wife. She thanked us after the baptism and told me that in few words and little time (two weeks) we were able to achieve what she's been waiting and hoping for for many years. She's now a step closer to forming an eternal family. It was a very happy day for all. 
 
Lalo and the missionaries

Lalo and his wife Veronica (Verito)

 

I am doing well, working hard, and looking forward to Christmas. I'm also very tired, but I think that's normal. I'm trying to remember what else happened this week but i just cant think of anything else..... so that's it for this week. Enjoy the fotos. 

Oh yeah, yesterday I spoke in church. I found out I was going to speak when I showed up. I spoke about many miracles I've seen in the mission, especially when members participate in the work, and encouraged them to invite their friends and family, and promised that even though not everyone will come or listen, they will see miracles.  

Elder Garrett (CSN) 

No comments:

Post a Comment