Monday, November 25, 2013

This week I had the privilege of doing an exchange with the elders in Centenario, in Los Andes. It was awesome and a little surreal going back to the same streets. It has been one of my favorite areas, so it was really awesome. We ate lunch with one of my favorite families... and since I never got to take a picture with them, we took pictures. The elders told them I was coming, so they received me with pizza... it was awesome, and they said I've lost weight. Also awesome.

But the best part was going back to the Aburto family's house. The elders had told them that on Friday they were going to have a surprise. The mom opened the gate for them and they entered with their bikes and said the surpise was outside the gate. She poked her head out, saw me, and screamed. It was so awesome. They are progressing more than ever, and are hoping to get baptized in December... 

This was a pretty good week. We are working with an awesome investigator who had come to church three times before we realized she lives in our area. Her name is Josselyn. Elder de Castro called her Saturday night and asked her if she'd prayed to know if she should get baptized and she said that she had. He asked if she'd recieved an answer, and she said that she had. Yesterday, we extended a baptismal date for December 8. She decided on December 12, because it is a special date for her. We are very excited for her. She is very brave, she says that her family will not be very happy with her decision, but she knows that it's correct. We have changes next week, so I hope I'll still be around... We have no idea what's going to happen.  

Today we did a zone activity in the Stake President's house. We played soccer and did a barbecue. We were about 20 missionaries. It was pretty fun.

Saludos a todos.
Elder Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment