Monday, November 4, 2013

This weekend we had Stake Conference here in the Los Andes Stake. We are lucky that our chapel is the Stake Center.... many others had to travel 30-45 minutes in a bus. The great part about it is that I got to see many people I knew in Centenario.
 
One of them was a recent convert that told me that she decided to take my advice and set the temple as her goal, and is now preparing herself to go to the temple this month. I was so happy to hear that news! I hope that her husband will soon follow her example and be baptized. 
 
Another member called me by name and thanked me for everything I did for her family. She said she hadn't wanted to go to conference, due to the distance, but remembered that if she does her part, God will do His part. She was surprised to see me there, and she recalled a scripture that I had shared with her over eight months ago and told me that she still remembers it and it gives her the strength to keep fighting everyday. 2 Kings 6:15-17. "Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them."
It's good to find out every once in a while that you were really able to be an instrument in God's hands to help someone in their time of need.
 
Alma 29
 
9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me.
 
Elder Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment