Monday, August 26, 2013

2 Months in Batuco

This week we had interviews with President. We left for Lampa at 12:30 and got back to Batuco at about 8:00,,, so it was a long day. I was asked to teach part of district class... which I'd never done before... and then as we waited for our turn to be interviewed we went to eat fast food. We were the last ones to be interviewed because Batuco was the closest area to Lampa... our travel time was 20 minutes, while the rest had to travel about an hour to get back to their areas.

I've heard rumors that some of my friends are already getting back from their missions... that's really strange... time flies by really fast. It seems like just yesterday that I was starting college and going to their farewells, and now they're coming home... wow. On September 12, I will complete one year in Chile.

Yesterday we were going to visit a family and we came upon an open gate, which is usually locked... so we went through the gate. In the end, they weren't home, and somebody from one of the other houses locked the gate. So we were stuck and had to take a dirt road a ways until we found the road to take the long way around back to Batuco... we spent about 30 minutes on bike to get back. That was an adventure. I thought we were going to have to ride in the dark, but luckily the road was lighted. 

Antonia is progressing well and excited for her baptism. She loves coming to church and is learning fast. We are really happy with her progress. 

The Vasquez family's faith has grown so much in the two months that we've been with them and I am very proud of the faith they've grown and nurtured. We have seen changes in every one of them. I think Javiera and Jessy jump out of bed faster on Sunday for church than they do during the week for school. Sometimes I'm not sure if people can see the difference the gospel makes in their lives but as a missionary I can see it, and I've seen it in my own life, and I hope I can help them to see it, too. To see that they are making the best decisions of their lives. 

Thanks for everything!
Elder Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment