Monday, August 19, 2013

Blessings

When we got to church yesterday, we found out we were going to speak... I mean, the week before, the old Branch President asked us to speak, but since no one else really said anything about it, we thought maybe we were off the hook... in the end, we had to ride back to the house to fetch our talks... and my back tire was flat...

This was the first talk I've given in Chile, so I was a little nervous. I have no idea what language spewed out of my mouth for the first two minutes, or if anyone understood me... but I got the nerves under control and started speaking like a normal person (almost) and I think it turned out alright... I'm sure it would've been worse in English... so I'm counting my blessings!

Today we're headed to Santiago to buy some more ties.... there's not a whole lot to do on preparation day in Batuco... email and naptime. We have to travel in bus for about 45 minutes to get there and then take the subway, but it's nice to get out and see something different for a change... even though I've already seen it before... haha.

They say it looks like I've lost a little weight, but I don't weigh myself because I don't want to get my hopes up just to find I still weigh the same. Or maybe it's just because I don't have a scale.

On Saturday night we had a cool experience. We finished a lesson with a family and the daughter said the closing prayer. She broke in tears... and the whole family started crying. When she finished, we just kind of all sat in silence. They told us to come back on Sunday, and they all told us they had felt pèace and warmth in their hearts. The father said he'd never felt like that before. We helped them to recognize that it was the Holy Ghost. They said they felt like during that prayer God was very close to them... and that he expected them to follow Him. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment