Monday, May 5, 2014

The Spirit

That investigator that I told you about last week that met with the sister missionaries in her parents home got back this week and told us the story. The missionaries just kind of showed up, and remembering us, she let them in. She went to church with them and was very impressed. She said she'd been to many other churches, and had ended up becoming an atheist. But she said she felt something in our church that she'd never felt in any other church. She felt the Spirit. She told me that when I'd explained to her that God talks to us through the Spirit and makes us have peaceful feelings in our heart, she didn't understand, and was skeptical. But when she felt that in our church, she understood what I was talking about. She said "I'm not sure how to explain what I felt. Maybe that's why I didn't understand when you explained it, but now I understand, and I want my whole family to feel it, too."

She came back much more talkative, all the skepticism is gone! I noticed that she was much more cheerful now. 

Anyone can feel the Spirit.

Elder Garrett. 

No comments:

Post a Comment