Monday, February 17, 2014

Stake Conference

We had a lot of great experiences this week but I don't have time to write them. I had the privilege of ordaining Lalo an Elder and giving him the Melchizedek Priesthood yesterday.

We had an awesome Stake Conference, the Spirit was so strong. It was awesome because I knew about half the people there, since I've served in almost half of the wards of this stake. 

The Stake President gave a really powerful talk. Among other things, he gave us an analogy. We shouldn't just put our feet in the swimming pool, we should jump in and enjoy it. An investigator I was teaching a long time ago was present and felt the Spirit during the talk, and announced just after the meeting that he wants to get baptized with his family. 

I also loved something else he said. He said "If I was baptized, it was forever. If I received the priesthood, it was forever. If I went to the temple and made covenants, it was forever. If I was sealed in the temple, it was forever. If I served a mission and taught the gospel and baptized people, it was forever. We can't go back. Those things were meant to have changed us forever. We can't go back to who we were before."

I know that this church is led by Jesus Christ. We live in dangerous times, but we should have hope for a bright future. 

Elder Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment