Monday, June 24, 2013

Well, it's a little slow, because we're starting from scratch, but my companion's really great. He's not trunky, actually he's working very hard, so we are having success, which is great. We still get lost every day and we don't know very many people, but it's going well. 
 
The area is about like Idaho. There's not much here but people and animals.
 
It looks like Elder Beeson, one of the other missionaries in the branch, had been asking for more missionaries for quite some time. In fact, the mission had been renting out a new house for three months for the new missionaries that were going to be coming at some point. President Essig, out of the blue, showed up in church the day before changes and the branch president asked for more missionaries, at which point president changed everything, and we were sent. So nobody knew we were coming. The house didn't even have everything it needed, we studied on the floor for several days.  We tricked a lot of people into thinking I was Bolivian, and my companion Chilean, so that was fun.
 
Before church yesterday we got a phone call from the zone leaders, so we went to the broadcast. I think I only saw one person I knew. Looks like John will be using texts, iPads, computers, and Facebook....I don't think they'll be getting to my mission until after I'm gone...
Elder Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment