Monday, June 17, 2013

Unexpected Changes
 
Well... on Saturday we received our normal changes. They told me I was going to be in another sector in Renca and Elder Cuadros was going to stay in Vivaceta. So I packed up my bags, said goodbye to everyone, and we went to the mission office today. When we got there, I was informed that my change had been changed. In fact they were surprised that I didn't know. I guess President had tried to call us last night... but I think he was calling our old number that doesn't work anymore...

So instead of going to Renca... I've been sent to Batuco with Elder Flores, from Honduras. He has even more time in the mission than Elder Cuadros, haha. We are opening a new sector in Batuco, a branch quite a ways away from Santiago. We're in the country (kind of) and will be using bikes. I think I'm destined to spend the mission on a bike... that's okay with me.

I ended up spending hours in the office waiting on our new cell phone and random things like that. Elder Kelson is the new assistant, so I saw him for the first time since Renca... actually he drove us with another elder out to Batuco because we had no idea how to get there. In the end... nobody had keys when we got there (great planning), so we're going to have to spend the night with the other elders in Batuco. It's really cold here.

I'm going to try to send some pictures that we took. So I guess that's about it. We got here late... which is why I didn't write earlier in the day.

Elder Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment