Sunday, April 7, 2013

Y así no más po

So I guess John is headed off to Argentina. That's way exciting. I mean, Chile is better, but Argentina will do. Haha. I know an elder who is from that mission.

So this week there were several holidays:  Easter, and Combatant Youth Day. Because of the latter, we had to enter our apartment at 7:00 on Thursday and Friday.

They celebrate Easter about the same way, as far as I can see. The Easter Bunny leaves chocolate eggs here, too. The Catholics did a procession in the street with Jesus carrying a cross. But then they entered the chapel, so I don't know if they ever talked about the resurrection. They have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off of work. Anytime there is a Catholic holiday, they get work off.
 
On Friday we did a service project with the elders quorum and high priests. We helped remodel two houses, basically. We rebuilt the front walls because they were having issues. I nailed my thumb pretty hard with a hammer and I got some sort of really awful bruise. But it's healing fine. It's really great to see the church in action like that. It would have taken them a lot of time to do it by themselves, and they didn't know we were coming.
 
Oh, so my new companion is Elder Mateos, from Uruguay, and I'm still in Vivaceta.  
Cuídense
Elder Garrett
 
 
Michael's Baptism

Graciela's and Fabiana's baptism
 

No comments:

Post a Comment