Monday, April 8, 2013

Panoramic photo of me in Los Andes
Quasimodo?

Yesterday some members offered us a ride to the stake center for conference. We got stuck in a dead end street where the only exit was blocked by a really long parade of horses. I guess the week after Easter, all of the Catholics dress up and get on horseback or in carts and ride around in a parade. It's called quasimodo, I think. We had no idea it was coming and accidentally got stuck there. 

With 7 minutes until conference would start, we hopped out of the car, thinking it would be faster to walk than to wait, even though we'd never been in the area before. Then we ran into the Feria, which is basically where the street gets turned into a huge supermarket, where they sell everything from fruits and vegetables and fish to random toys and illegal copies of DVDs and surplus high school
t-shirts from the US. It was full of people and I almost lost my companion in the crowd because he's not quite as big as me.

We finally got out of the crowd and went down a side street. I thought we could easily turn right and make our way to the correct street that would lead us to the church. However, there were no side streets that went to the right and we power walked a very long distance to get the church. In the end, we showed up late and sat all the way in the back to watch conference. 

The members who waited out the parade arrived at the church before us. 

But other than that, the conference was really great and enjoyable. I definitely felt that the prophets and apostles really are called by God and that they are inspired by Him. They hold His power and authority to guide the Church of Jesus Christ. 

I know that He lives and that He answers our prayers. With conference, He gave me the boost of energy that I needed this week. I want my family to know that I love them and appreciate their support. 

Elder Garrett 

No comments:

Post a Comment