Monday, February 25, 2013

My third change in Centenario

Well it looks like I've got at least a month left in Los Andes. Today there were changes, and we recieved a new companion, Elder Alvarez, from Ecuador. We are a trio again.

This week was an exhausting one. I don't think I have time to explain to you all of our experiences this week. But I can say pretty easily that it was the most spiritual week of my mission. We have 9 people preparing for baptism.

I'll just share one experience for now. We have an investigator who has recieved many witnesses that the message we share is true, and that she should follow it. She was almost completely sure of herself. God has answered all of her prayers, in some form. On saturday, she had an incredible dream. When she woke up, she felt like she should get baptized, but was a little afraid to go through with it. Knowing we would have transfers on Monday, she prayed. She told God that if He would leave us here for one more change, to be there to support and help her when she gets baptized, she would get baptized. We didn't know about this until afterwards.

That afternoon, president called my companion. He told him they were going to pull us out of Centenario to put sister missionaries in. My companion told him about the success that we are having and that we have 9 people preparing for baptism. He said he would think more about it and let us know. 

That night we were teaching a lesson with that very investigator. While were teaching, president called us again. He told us he decided to keep us here. (The family laughed at my joyful reaction.) When the mom heard that we would be staying, she got up and walked out to the front gate for a few minutes. We were a little confused about what was going on. When she came back, she said "This means I will be getting baptized on March 10." She told us what had happened to her that day, and how God has answered her prayers time and time again.

She asked us who chooses what happens with transfers. We told her that we have a president who decides them. She asked if God was involved, and we testified to her that He has been involved in the entire process she has lived to prepare her for this moment in her life, including that our mission president has the right to recieve inspiration with respect to transfers. I have no doubt it was because of her prayer that president called us. If he hadn't called, we would have left the sector today.

A lot more happened this week, but I'm out of time.

Cuídense
Elder Garrett  



Me dressed up like a Chilean cowboy with the Aburto Family.

 
Elder Glazner and I on Sunday



No comments:

Post a Comment