Monday, February 11, 2013


En mis tiempos como joven......

Well, on Wednesday I will turn 20 years old. That's pretty crazy, right? My investigators laugh when I tell them stories from my youth and I say "when I was young" or "In my times." They get a kick out of it. 

I don't have tons of time left today, but I wanted to thank everyone who wished me a happy birthday. I will try to write you back next week. 

Lots of great things have happened, but I'll just share a short story.

We are teaching a really awesome family. I'm pretty sure the mom already has a testimony, and the dad, too, but he's more stubborn. He keeps coming up with lots of doubts. They recently had robbers try to break into their house during the night, and the children are a little disturbed. The other day the mom told us that she was dropping off her 10 year old in town, but he was really worried about her safety, because she'd be home alone. He said "wait!" and bowed his head and said a prayer and then told her that she would be safe, and he ran off completely content. She went home and cried because she was so touched by his faith. She thanked us, because she said that we have helped her children develop much more faith than they'd ever had before. I felt that I should share a scripture in 3 Nefi 11 when Jesus says that unless we get baptized and become like a little child, we cannot enter the kingdom of God. We talked about how much faith their child has and how as adults we confuse ourselves with too much doubt, and we need to have the faith of a child. It impacted the dad very deeply. 

Que podamos volvernos como niños pequeñitos y poder vivir con nuestras familias para siempre

Elder Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment