Monday, November 5, 2012


There was... a little accident this week... involving a bike, a cement post, and a bus. Don't worry, I'm alive.

So I was riding my bike really fast, and I hit something and the front tire popped up and I lost control. 

Ok just kidding.  It was Elder Kelson, and I was on exchanges, so I didn't even see it happen.

So the front tire pops up, and when it hits the ground again, it was turned, so the bike swerved really sharply, directly into a cement post. So he hits this post with his knee, and flies off his bike about 4 meters. A bus was driving by at the time, and it stopped and all of the people ran out to ask if he was alive or not. He scraped up his arm a bit and messed up his knee. They called every member they knew that has an auto, and one of them came and picked them up. A doctor told him he would not be able to walk for at least 15 days. 

It was a miracle that he didn't get hit by a car or hit his head. 

He was not even able to get out of bed to walk to the fridge or the bathroom all that day.  

He was given a priesthood blessing. And guess what we did the next day? We took a taxi to our area and worked for about 3 hours, walking around without crutches. The next day we got crutches so he could walk a lot faster and more comfortably.  He is improving rapidly.  It really is a miracle. 

I'm running out of time now. We're going to make some cheese empanadas...

We've been told the mission is probably going to increase from 200 missionaries to 280. That's going to be nuts, there will be wards with 6-8 missionaries.

I've been here for two months now. Time flies really fast when you are always really busy. And there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything we would like to do. I'm feeling more and more comfortable with Spanish. It's crazy to think I started learning it 4 months ago, and now I'm speaking it almost exclusively all day. It helps that I live with missionaries from Guatemala y PerĂº.

Voy a comer empanadas de queso.     

Elder Garrett 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment