Monday, November 12, 2012

Muchos intercambios

Hola.

Bueno.

Elder Kelson has gotten better very quickly and we are walking faster and taking less taxis. His bike is still a little messed up, and we haven't had much time to fix it yet, so we have to take the Micro (bus) to the sector every day.

Elder Kelson is district leader, so we did a lot of exchanges this week. On Wednesday I worked with Elder Huaratapayro in my sector. I directed the sector. Then again on Thursday, I worked with Elder Estiva in my sector, directing it again. Then on Friday, I went to another sector and worked with Elder Lawson. We arrived in Chile at the same time, two months ago yesterday. I was very happy that I was able to read a chapter from the Book of Mormon, understand it, and explain it to one of the families we taught. AND, they understood me. It was a very happy moment for me.

We have an investigator that was going to get baptized back in April, but then she moved out. She recently returned, and we started teaching her again. She seemed to have forgotten everything and returned back to the person she was before. The first time we met with her, she asked us why we believe in God if we can't see Him.

We've taught her about four times, and we can visibly see the changes in her already as she is recognizing what she knew several months ago. Her attitudes and language have changed. She committed to going to church, and told us that she knows she needs to get baptized. It's amazing the change we've seen in her in only two weeks. Her boyfriend and her little sister also told us they'd like to be baptized.

Last week we had a great experience I think I forgot to tell you about. We have an investigator named Mari that has been taught for probably four months now. But we've had problems helping her stop smoking and getting her to church. Seriously, every week for four months, something popped up on Sunday. We stopped visiting her for two weeks, and when we returned last Saturday, she realized how big of a difference the message we bring has in her life and committed to going to church, and she went last Sunday, and loved it.

I don't have much more time, so I guess that's about it.

Les Quiero
Elder Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment