Wednesday, September 12, 2012


I am safely in Chile.  I got in a couple power naps during the flight... maybe 30 minutes tops.  As soon as I'm done writing this, I get to go take a nap, so...

The missionary next to me and I got to talk to this lady named Gaby, who is from Chile/USA.  At first, she didn't want to hear about our religion, but about 3 hours of talking about random things and learning about her, she asked us to teacher her.  Actually, she used the word debate, but it was more like a conversation.

We talked a lot about agency (albedrio).  We shared scriptures, then she closed the book and decided to open to a random page.  Guess what opened?  Index page with "Albedrio".  She loved it and found great scriptures.

She told us how bad her day and week had been, and how she wasn't supposed to be on that flight with us, but she felt like we were angels and she felt a lot of peace.

I think we made a great impression on her and cleared up a lot of her concerns.  And we taught the law of chastity... bizarre, but she loved the pamphlet and it did actually fit in with her concerns.  It was an amazing experience and the Spirit was so strong.

Elder Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment