Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Please write me!
 
The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. So true. It doesn't feel like I have been here two weeks! The days are starting to blend into one really long day...
 
My spanish is improving every day! I'm able to say more and more all the time.
 
We finally met our other teacher, Hermana Breedlove, and we will now be teaching both of our teachers as investigators twice each a week. We had our first lesson with Hermano Scheide, who is Gaston, a man he found drunk in the streets of Tijuana. He is so awesome! (If we can get him to be sober) He was sober when we taught him, luckily, and he talks so much that we hardly had a chance to say anything. We asked him questions about himself and he told us he´s Catholic but that he´d rather sleep at his house than at church! He is 35ish and lives with his parents because he was separated from his wife a few months ago. He loved having us over and talking to us. He offered us beer... which we declined.
 
He said he has lots of faith in Jesus Christ. We asked him if he prays, and he said a little bit. We asked him how he prayed and he told us the Lords Prayer... which I understood, but my companion, Elder Yorgason, did not. He told him we don´t use memorized prayers, we pray from the heart. Then he told Gaston that the prayer he uses is bad. But the word for bad can also mean evil... so he unknowingly told our investigator the Lord´s Prayer was evil! Hahahaha... I just shook my head and put it in my hands. I tried not to laugh too hard, but then Gaston made fun of him the rest of the visit, telling him that I believe in Christ, but my companion doesn´t! It was hilarious, and afterwords Hermano Scheide shared some funny stories about other missionary´s who said worse things.
 
Please write me! dearelder.com is awesome.
 
 
Until next week... ¡Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment