Monday, January 28, 2013

It's a Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood

Hola familia, amigos, y conocidos.

So today I found out that Mari got baptized yesterday. She was the first person I taught in Chile, my first day in Renca. Granted, all I did was say the closing prayer, but things got better after then. I was very happy to read her name in the email the mission sends every week. We worked very hard with her for a long time. I am very content to know that she was able to stop smoking and make the covenant of baptism. I can imagine she is very happy. I wish I could have been there, but I'm happy to know that I was able to take part in her process. I think that's the most exciting thing that happened.

Last week I cut my hair. The lady basically buzzed my hair really short, and then asked me if it was how I wanted it. What could I say at that point?

On sunday there were two gringas in church. The daughter was a missionary here a couple years ago. Her mom took a picture of us and emailed it to Mom, so you've probably seen my lovely haircut. They also had a lot of gringo candy that they passed out to everyone, but especially us. I had Swedish Fish and Twix . I shared the Swedish Fish with all of our investigators.
 


Elder Crossley and Elder Garrett



I also recieved Chex mix from Grandma Garrett. I was surprised at how well it held up in the mail, and it was still fresh. I have enjoyed it immensely. I also recieved packages from Grandma Gingell and the ward. All three arrived a month after Christmas, because the office has been a little slow. But I guess I'll forgive them... haha. 

We did a family home evening with a family we are teaching in which we taught the kids how we can be courageous when our friends want us to do things we know we shouldn't. We shared the story of Elisha and his servant in 2 Kings 6. "No tengas miedo, porque son más los que están con nosotros que los que están con ellos." I don't know what it says in English, you'll have to look it up. We taught them that in the end, Jesus is going to win the battle against Satan, and we have to decide for which side we are going to fight.

I guess that's it for this week. Que les vaya bien.

Elder Garrett

No comments:

Post a Comment